You can download Luis Brunstein’s CV or read a summary:
- June 2002 — University of California, Riverside, Calif.
THESIS: “A Case Study on the Relationship Between Agricultural Productivity and the Political and Social History of Argentina from 1960 to 2000.”
Advisors: Mason Gaffney, R. Robert Russell and Keith Griffin.
- May 1994 — Washington State University, Pullman, Wash.
THESIS: “Is The IMF An Instrument Of The G–7 Countries?”
Advisors: John Donnelly, Rodney Fort and Thomas Lowinger.
- May 1991 — California State University, Northridge, Calif.
BA, Cum Laude, Economics
- Instructor online, UCLA extension, fall 2016 – present.
- Lecturer, California State University San Marcos, fall 2016 – present.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of California, Riverside, fall 2015 – spring 2016.
- Assistant Professor of Economics, Department of Accounting, Management and Economics, Hiram College, Hiram, OH, fall 2012-Summer 2015.
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics, Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, fall 2009-spring 2011.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Director Provincial de Renegociación de Concesiones y Áreas Revertidas (Provincial Director of Renegotiations of Leased and Reverted Areas), Secretaría de Hidrocarburos (Secretary of Energy), Gobierno de la Provincia de Tierra del Fuego, Antártida e Islas del Atlántico Sur (government of Tierra del Fuego’s province, Antártida e Islas del Atlántico Sur), January-November 2011.
- Economic Consultant, Ecopueblo Solidario, 2008–2011.
- Economic Consultant, Law Offices of Elizabeth Trinidad, Bridgeton, New Jersey, 2008–2012.
- Current Socioeconomic Issues
- Economics in Film
- Financial Crises
- Introduction to Macroeconomics: face-to-face and online.
- Introduction to Microeconomics: face-to-face and online.
- Current Economic Problems and Policies
- Economics in the News
- Global Economics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- International Economic Development
- International Trade and Finance
- Issues in Trade, Finance and Development
- Money and Banking
- Research Design and Methods
- Seminar in Economics
- Supervising Capstone papers in Economics
- Urban Economics
Georgetown Public Policy Institute:
- International Economic Development
- International Financial Crises
- Latin American Economic Development
- Microeconomic Theory
- Thesis Workshop
University of Memphis:
- Economics for MBA and International MBA students
PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. “Review of: Principles of Macroeconomics,” Review of Radical Political Economics, July 2015. doi: 10.1177/0486613415591798
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and Marta Gil Lacruz, Ph.D. “Health system, social inequalities and macroeconomic Policy,” Proyecto Social: Revista de Relaciones Laborales, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Humanas, Universidad de Zaragoza, Teruel, Spain, number 15, pp. 35-55, 2012.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and Marta Gil Lacruz, Ph.D. “Policies of economic growth and poverty alleviation,” Romanian Review of Political Sciences and International Relations, Bucharest, vol. 9, 1, pp. 75-86, 2012.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and Marta Gil Lacruz, Ph.D. “Economic growth and equity,” Romanian Review of Political Sciences and International Relations, Bucharest, vol. 8, 2, pp. 78-91, 2011.
- Marta Gil Lacruz, Ph.D. and Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. “Psychosocial and communitarian determinants on the primary health care access, a suburban neighborhood example,” STVDIVM, a trilingual journal published by the University of Zaragoza, Spain, forthcoming on December 2009.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. “Policies to reduce instability,” Revista de Economía del Caribe (Journal of Caribbean Economics), a bilingual journal, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia, No. 1, pp. 1-45, 2008.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and Guillermo Cardoza Ph.D. “Country risk assessment and economic stability for the business manager in a global economy: towards a conceptual and systemic framework,” Strategic Innovators, an IIPM Intelligence Unit Publication, New Delhi, India, Vol. 2, Issue 1, pp. 44-50, 2008.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and Guillermo Cardoza Ph.D. “Riesgo, inestabilidad y falta de regulación en los mercados de crédito: un enfoque sistémico para los gerentes de empresas en economías emergentes,” (Risk, instability and lack of regulation in the credit markets: a systemic approach for business’ managers in emerging markets) OIKOS, an academic journal published by Universidad Católica Silva Henríquez, Escuela de Administración y Economía, No. 24, December 2007.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and Marta Gil Lacruz Ph.D. “Economic stability policies and social programs,” STVDIVM, a trilingual journal published by the University of Zaragoza, Spain, No. 12, pp. 259-277, 2006.
- Brunstein, Luis, Ph.D. and S. Helfand Ph.D. “The Changing Structure of the Brazilian Agricultural Sector and the Limitations of the 1995/96 Agricultural Census,” A Sociedade Brasileira De Economia E Sociologia Rural, SOBER, Vol. 39, No. 3, July/September 2001.
- Chapter 12 “Mudancas estruturais no sector agricola brasileiro e as limitacoes do Censo Agropecuario de 1995-1996” (The Changing Structure of the Brazilian Agricultural Sector and the Limitations of the 1995-1996 Agricultural Census), pp. 357-375 in Regiao e espaco no desenvolvimento agricola brasileiro (The Brasilian regional agricultural development), IPEA, Nemesis Pornex, Rio de Janeiro, December 2003.
- Chapter 13 “Revendo as limitacoes do Censo Agropecuario de 1995-1996: uma comparacao entre o censo e a PAM” (Reviewing the Limitations of the 1995-1996 Agricultural Census: a Comparison Between the Census and PAM), pp. 377-389 in Regiao e espaco no desenvolvimento agricola brasileiro (The Brasilian regional agricultural development), IPEA, Nemesis Pornex, Rio de Janeiro, December 2003.
- “The Crises-Driven Complex Development Conundrum,” Asociación de Economía Para el Desarrollo de la Argentina, IV Congreso Anual, El Desafío del Desarrollo para la Argentina en un Contexto Mundial Incierto, August 15-17, 2012, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- “The Relationship Between Agricultural Productivity and Social History in Argentina Between 1962 and 2000,” The Business Association of Latin American Studies Annual Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 9-12 April 2003, Conference Proceedings, Managing in Turbulent Times, Balas and the Getulio Vargas Foundation, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- “The Changing Structure of the Brazilian Agricultural Sector: Can We Believe the 1995-96 Agricultural Census?” Annals of the XXXVIII Congresso Brasileiro de Economia e Sociologia Rural joint with the X World Congress of Rural Sociology, CD-ROM, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 30 – August 5, 2000, Brasilia: SOBER 2000, with S. Helfand.
- McGraw-Hill Irwin, a new textbook on economic principles, four chapters review, 2005.
- Price Rui Miller Paiva, best article published in SOBER journal in the area of Agricultural Economics for the paper “The Changing Structure of the Brazilian Agricultural Sector and the Limitations of the 1995/96 Agricultural Census,” A Sociedade Brasileira De Economia E Sociologia Rural, SOBER, Vol. 39, No. 3, July/September 2001, with S. Helfand.
- Spanish – native language.
- English – speaks, reads and writes fluently.